Friday, May 22, 2009

It's been a while.....

Well, almost 2 months have gone by since my last post. I have been subbing at school everyday as a PE teacher (boy do I have a good tan). We have 8 days left of school (yay)! The girls are getting very excited for the summer to be here. Their cousins be coming again every day to play (and earn mom a little extra money), their Aunt Valerie is home from school and they get to go away to camp again this year. What more could a kid want!
We have been getting the pool summer ready the last few days. It always takes a while to get out the leaves that have gotten in their over the winter and then one of us has to get in and get the yuck off of the sides. Not a fun job. It should be ready to swim in by the end of the weekend.
I should be hearing in a couple of days whether or not I got into nursing school. Hopefully it will be a Congratulations! letter, not an Unfortunately, letter. Keep your fingers crossed!
I have been working in my garden. WEEDS are overrunning it. I go out every day just to stay caught up with pulling them. My tomato plants are so big and heavy I have to go out and stake them today. The radish's are already out of the ground and have been very delicious. I can't wait for the squash to get ready. Abbie is excited about the cucumbers. She wants to learn to make pickles. I swear that child has to be related to Joey somehow! I sure don't like pickles that much.
I will try to post more often, especially now that we are gonna be out of school and I will be home every day.

1 comment:

  1. Of course she's part my child! If you need pickle lessons, as my Aunt Margaret for her recipe. The BEST homemade pickles ever (although Carla's are pretty darn tasty, too...oh, and Grandma Stermer's).

    ReplyDelete