Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm back....

I didn't realize that it had already been two weeks since I promised an update after the San Angelo Stock Show. Time is just getting away from me. Well, Jack-Jack ended up getting sifted out of the show and once that happened he has to get on a truck to go...well, we don't say the B-word (bacon) around our house right now, but that is where he went. There was some tears after she left the ring and she went outside to watch Jack-Jack in the holding pen before he was loaded onto the trailer. She was better by the time we got home later that night, but the next morning she asked me if I thought Jack-Jack was still alive or not. That is the last she has asked about him.

Baseball season is upon us now. Abbie is going to play and Shelby is not. Abbie is actually going to move up & play with bigger girls this year. She has one more year to play coach pitch, but because of some other things that happened, and not much of a returning team we decided to move up one year this year, get all of the girls back on one team together (they were split last year), and then we would be able to play together for 3 years, instead of just 2. Her first practice is supposed to be tomorrow, but we are expecting rain and very cold temps so I doubt we will have practice. Opening day is April 18th so wish Abbie luck with her softball season.

Shelby is ready for Spring Break which is next week for us. She likes school but hates waking up in the mornings. She was music student of the month for the whole 1st grade last month. I am so proud of her. She is always singing and dancing around the house. She is not playing ball this year. It interferes too much with her social life when we are at the ball games.


I have still been subbing quite a bit at the Elementary school. I like being there with the kids and it give us some extra money each month. Keep your fingers crossed and the prayers coming that I get accepted into nursing school this fall. I will find out by the last week of May. I know that sounds far away, but it will be here before we know it.

Steve is still working hard at the dealership. He has been such a blessing to me. He has worked so hard so that I can go to school and stay home with the kids this past year. He always puts me and the girls first and I can't even begin to say what that has meant to me and what it will mean for our family in the years to come. He has been unselfish and giving and I just can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life. Enought mushiness (Joey stop crying.), I just realized recently how lucky I am to have my family and my friends.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Joey, good luck finishing up the move. Know that I am with you in spirit! Spring will be here before we know it. Today we are getting some good rain that we need so desperately. Hopefully it will rain the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment